Family-friendly Spring: Everything a Kid Could Want
It’s no surprise that Spring is often ranked one of the best places to live in the country.
Located in North Houston, where great schools, rich culture and easy access to jobs, entertainment and amenities abound, Spring offers just what many homebuyers are looking for.
And for those with children in tow? The benefits are even more numerous.
From children’s museums and water parks to playgrounds, arcades and indoor skydiving, the Spring area is teeming with kid-friendly activities from North to South.
Here are just a few of the top spots in the area, broken down by age group:
For Babies & Toddlers
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum
Designed specifically with toddlers in mind, this local museum is a wonderland for little ones. With tons of hands-on activities, experiments and toys, it offers hours of endless fun for tiny tikes. The museum even hosts magicians, story time and other events on a daily basis.
- Bouncin’ Bears and Pump it Up – These area bounce house facilities offer a great way for toddlers to burn off energy and get physical. They’re also a popular site for birthday parties.
- Kanga’s Indoor Play Center – When it’s too hot to go outside, Kanga’s offers kids a fun spot to run, jump and play away from the sun’s rays. There are even merry-go-rounds on site.
- My Gym – My Gym offers local tots interactive gymnastics and fitness classes starting at six The facility also boasts camps, parent nights out and ninja training.
For School-aged Children
- Jurassic Quest – A museum dedicated to the time of dinosaurs, Jurassic Quest is a favorite among Spring area kids. Visitors can ride, pet and interact with realistic-looking dinosaurs, as well as enjoy face painting and other activities.
- Palava – With a toy store, arcade, black light mini golf and a four-story playground, Palava is a school-aged child’s dream. The facility also has a café on site for lunch, dinner or snacks.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park and Urban Air Trampoline & Adventure Park – Two local trampoline parks make it easy for kids to jump, play and burn off energy no matter where in the city they’re located. Urban Air also has a warrior course, battle beam, tubes playground and more.
- SK8 Town – One of the city’s few classic skating rinks, SK8 Town is a kid favorite in North Houston. Public skate sessions run most weekends, and skate rentals are included with admission.
For Teens & Young Adults
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving – Nearby iFLY offers an out-of-this-world experience for visitors of all ages, though it’s particularly popular with local teens. Using a high-tech wind tunnel, iFLY visitors enjoy a simulated freefall experience just like real-life skydiving – without the danger.
- InSPIRE Rock Indoor Climbing Center – An 18,000-square foot rocking climbing center, inSPIRE is a hotspot among area kids and teens. The center offers six different climbing areas, a Kidz Cave, birthday parties and more.
- Bear Branch Skate Park – For skateboarders, bikers and roller bladers, the Bear Branch Skate Park offers all kinds of ramps, tricks and There’s also a dog park nearby for those who want to bring furry friends.
- The Lock – This escape room facility offers locals a number of themed adventures from “Escape the Casino” to “Escape the Oval Office.” Visitors solve puzzles and look for clues to escape before time runs out.
For the Whole Family
- Atkinson Farms – Atkinson Farms offers local strawberry-picking from March through October. All ages are welcome, and there’s a farmer’s market with local produce on site.
- Splashtown – Houston’s biggest and oldest water park, Splashtown is a summer staple in the area. The park offers rides, slides, a lazy river and dining and lodging options.
- TGR Exotics Wildlife Park – An interactive zoo of sorts, TGR lets visitors get up close and personal with a variety of animals from across the world. Many of the animals are hand-raised and can be touched, petted and fed.
- Top Golf – Top Golf turns golfing into a live darts-like experience for the whole family. Perfect for all ages, the facility offers fun, competition and great food and drink.
- The Game Preserve – A throwback video game and pinball arcade, The Game Preserve is a fun way for parents to connect with their tech-loving kids. The Preserve also offers regular gaming tournaments.
- Main Event – Main Event offers activities for every member of the family. From bowling and laser tag to arcade games and shuffleboard, it’s an all-ages facility with food and drink to boot. The facility even recently added an interactive, roller coaster-like theater room.
Family Fun is Everywhere
There’s no denying the family-friendly atmosphere and abundant amenities Spring has to offer. Let us help you explore Spring!